[personal profile] jeneralist
I just got a new PDA. This one has an itty-bitty QWERTY keyboard at the bottom, Blackberry-style, instead of handwriting recognition.

I've been touch-typing on a real keyboard for years, and suddenly I'm reduced to hunting and pecking with my thumbs.

Is there such as thing as a typing tutor for thumb keypads? "Mavis Beacon Teaches Crackberry," perhaps?

Date: 2007-01-26 04:18 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] dcseain.livejournal.com
I've typed with a Dvorak keyboard for a decade now. I hunt and peck when i have to use QWERTY, so i find the blackberry keypad no big deal. But i'm weird like that. :)

Basically, from my experience, one gets used to it, and finds that fingers other than thumbs can be used. I often find that holding it in one hand and typing with the other is often fastest, using the holding hand for shift and function keys.

Date: 2007-01-26 02:07 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] skyefyr.livejournal.com
Unfortunately, the keyboards are too small to "really" type on them. I just got a new Brother Ptouch for the office. This thing is really big for a labeler, and yet, too small to type for real on. Hunting and pecking is the only way. Don't have to use just thumbs, but still just as frustrating.

Profile

jeneralist

May 2010

S M T W T F S